Frameless glass for your bathroom – is it a good idea? Frameless glass showers have become popular in the last few years and for good reason – they offer lots of benefits. As a Cambridge homeowner, especially one with small children you may have reservations due to safety considerations. You shouldn’t worry – frameless glass is very safe because it has been tempered to withstand impact so you don’t have to worry about it breaking and injuring anyone. There are other benefits of frameless glass showers:
• The focal point in most bathrooms is the shower so you want it to look elegant and chic. This is easy to achieve with frameless glass. It allows in lots of natural light and it can be etched into different designs. You can also choose glass in different colors to match or contrast your bathroom decor.
• Frameless glass is easy to install. If you want to give your bathroom a quick makeover it offers a perfect solution – you can have your bathroom look completely different in a matter of hours.
• Frameless glass is very easy to clean. As a busy homeowner you know that cleaning bathrooms can be a hassle. If possible you want to have bathrooms that take no more than a few minutes a week to keep clean. You will not go wrong with frameless glass – all you need to do is wipe it down to get rid of soap streaks and you are good to go.
• Do you have to buy shower curtains several times a year? If you install frameless shower glass you never have to worry about this again – it lasts a long time.
We recommend that you contact Go Glass – they are one of the best frameless shower glass installers in Cambridge and they have a variety of solutions that you can choose from. Find out more on https://goglass.co.uk/build-your-own-shower-enclosures.php.
When you are taking care of a loved one who is ill you have to make sure that they are fed, warm and clean. The first two are easy enough, as is administering a sponge bath, but how do you take wash their hair? The roundabout way would be to try and get them into the bathtub and do it there but this may be unsafe, not to mention time consuming and tiring. The best solution is an inflatable wash basin. These basins come in different designs and they are all made to prop up onto a bed and hold steady as you wash hair. Before you buy an inflatable wash basin you should make sure that:
• It is mobile. These wash basins come in two types – there are those that are designed to be used on bedridden patients and there are others that can be clipped onto a wheelchair. You will buy the one that’s best for your patient, but you should make sure that it is easy to carry around.
• You should buy an inflatable wash basin that is easy to inflate. If you don’t have a pump you will have to fill it with air by mouth.
• Think about the length of your loved ones hair – if it is very long you should be looking for an inflatable wash basin that can take it all in – some come with a tray where you can lay the hair out flat and rinse it.
• When deflated the wash basin should fold into a small package that is easy to keep away. Your wash basin should also be easy to keep clean.
Independence, a UK retailer, has some of the best inflatable wash basins in the market. You can see them on https://www.independence.ltd.uk/bathroom-bedroom/inflatable-hair-wash-basin.htm.
As you grow older your ability to reach your feet becomes reduced and something as simple as applying lotion on them can become a chore. It doesn’t have to be – not if you invest in a lotion applicator. These applicators are made for hard to reach places for both women and men, such as the feet and the back and they can be extremely useful for the sick and the elderly. In fact, many young and middle aged women use them to apply lotion on their backs.
There are many types of lotion applicators available in the market and if you are a first time buyer you may be wondering what factors you should take into account before you buy. The most important is reach – your lotion applicator needs to be able to reach your feet with no problem at all. If you are not able to reach your feet it is also likely that you are not able to reach your back, so check to make sure that they applicator that you have in mind can also reach there with ease.
A good lotion applicator can be used not just for lotion but other gels as well. You can change the head and put in a different one for soap, cream and anything else you would like to apply on your body. Some applicators come with caps for the different heads to keep the contents from drying out, but there are some that don’t, and for those you have to store the heads in a plastic Zip-lock bag after every use. You may also want to choose an applicator with a massager for that extra touch of pampering.
Independence has a wide variety of lotion applicators for feet that you can choose from. You can see some of them on https://www.independence.ltd.uk/bathroom-bedroom/lotion-applicator.htm.
Many parents of children who have hearing problems will tell you one thing – getting the right diagnosis for their child and the proper treatments and interventions was a long and frustrating process. You can understand why; it is quite stressful to learn that your child is developing hearing problems and if you cannot get them the right treatment immediately the feelings of stress can be compounded. Your GP or paediatrician may be helpful but there is only so much they can do. They do not have the necessary equipment to drill down to the cause of your child’s deafness. They may also not be aware of all the different treatments and coping methods available today for children who struggle with hearing loss.
The best thing you can do is to find an audiologist. This is a medical professional who specializes in auditory matters – they are trained to diagnose and treat hearing loss in both children and adults. There aren’t too many audiologists in the UK – many of them work for the public health system so you may find that they have long waiting times. If, however, you can find a private one they may be able to do a series of hearing tests on your child and get them started on treatments right away.
The important thing, once you realize that your child has hearing loss, is to be there for them. They may be ostracized by others in school because they are different so you should think about getting them into an environment where they fit in.
For more advice on how to help your child cope with hearing, and also for diagnosis and treatment you should make an appointment at Cheary, one of the leading audiologist clinics in the UK. Find out how to get in touch with them on their website, http://www.chears.co.uk/.
It is important to know the difference between a dispensing optician and an optician. Many opticians in Peterborough also serve as optometrists, which means that they are trained to detect vision problems and some of them even train further to become ophthalmologists, allowing them to diagnose and treat more serious eye problems. A dispensing optician, on the other hand, is only trained to provide you with the right lenses and frames to correct your vision. You will need to get a prescription from an optometrist, take it to him and then wait a few days before your eye glasses are ready.
It sounds simple enough, which is why many people will go to the nearest dispensing optician that they can find. You would be wrong to do that. It is like choosing the nearest pharmacist to fill your prescription – they may give you generic drugs or even the wrong sorts of drugs. It is important to choose your optician with care. Make sure that they are qualified to be in the business and that they have a solid reputation. Asking the right questions can help you decide whether an optician is right for you.
Ask them to give you a few names of optometrists that they work with. If they mention a few good eye doctors in your neighbourhood it is proof that they are good at what they do – no good optometrist will work with a disreputable dispensing optician. You can also ask them where they get their frames and lenses. Most frames will come ready made, but lenses have to be made according to your prescription.
One Peterborough dispensing optician who will not let you down is J Neville. They have been in the business for more than 30 years and they work with the top optometrists and ophthalmologists in the area. You can find out more on http://www.jnevilleopticians.com/.
Finding the right crawler crane hire in Norwich for your project may not be as easy as it sounds – although there are several companies that offer crane services in the area not all of them can provide what you are looking for. You cannot afford to take any chances when hiring heavy equipment, so it is very important to do some research before you get started. Here are some important things to look into before you sign any contracts:
• Different cranes are designed for different uses. If you are looking for a crane for construction work you should hire a mobile crane, but if you want one for architectural work then a tower crane is more suited. Find a company that has the right crane for the kind of work you are looking to do.
• There are two types of crane contracts that you can sign depending on whether you have someone to operate the crane or not. if you have a qualified and experienced CPS on hand who will operate the crane for you the best company to hire from is one that will give you a CPA contract. If, however, you need the crane hire company to supply an operator you should be looking to sign an NMT contract.
• Look into what kind of insurance you will need before you hire the crane. You need to cover everyone who will be working within the vicinity of the crane, members of the public as well as any machinery or equipment that will be used by the crane.
• Make sure that you are dealing with a reliable company – their cranes should be in great condition and in case there is a problem they should be on hand to help out.
One that comes highly recommended is RJ Crane Hire. Their services cover Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. You can find out how to get in touch with them through their website, https://rjcranehire.com/